Saturday, June 04, 2011

This is a start, InshaAllah

Salam my friends.

I think I have learned something about myself today. I'm quickly amazed by things around me... Especially the surroundings. Take me to a place that is interesting and beautiful and in myself I will go "Oh wow."

The one time when I was very excited and amazed by the surroundings when I visited The Grand Mosque also known as Al-Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi. The architecture of the mosque, the detailed patterns on almost every single wall, carpets, floor and everything else just makes me not wanna look away. So during my stay in Abu Dhabi, whenever my aunt or uncle, usually my aunt since she's not working drives us to somewhere... We will drive by the mosque. It is impossible not to drive by and not to get to see the mosque because it is huge! It is not like any other mosques that I've seen so far (I mean, of course the Masjidil Haram mosque and the other mosques in Mecca and Madinah are yet to be the nicest mosques ever in the world. I hope to reach there someday, InshaAllah.), its white walls shines through during the hot and sunny day and glows in the blue at night. It is just truly amazing. I'm still wondering why the white mosque have shades of light blue when it is night. Hmm.



Well I just realised this while I was browsing through photos in my document library. Photos that I snapped either with my sister's semi-pro or just a regular phone camera and the other photos not taken by me. Like the photo above is taken by some pro guy. Go click on the photo. It's breathtakingly amazing. 

Day by day I'm trying to figure out who I really am... What kind of job that fits in the characteristics that I have and the things I love to do. Remembering the story our lecturer teaching on workbalance told us about the guy who wanted to be a pilot but end up doing engineering which clearly wasn't what he wanted... So he ended up being a pilot, it makes me think what is the job that suits me most. I may not have the talents and skills to do a particular job, but if I like being in that position, should I be striving towards in and go towards that goal by learning and studying on it?

We make plans for ourselves. We study the course which we may or may not like or we're working in a position we may or may not like. But we should remember that He has better plan for us. Just like the pilot guy... He could have just been a pilot from the first place, but God made him go through the challenges to be an engineer first before being a real pilot.We plan, he decides.

So, yes, there you go. I'm quickly amazed by things.

Go figure your own likes and loves too! Wow, that's tiring. I have a long way to go.

No comments: