Saturday, June 12, 2010

India.Arie - I Am Not My Hair ft. Akon



Interesting song, interesting lyrics.

Little girl with the press and curl
Age eight I got a Jheri curl
Thirteen then I got a relaxer
I was a source of so much laughter
Fifteen when it all broke off
Eighteen and then I went all natural
February two thousand and two I
Went and did what I had to do
Cause it was time to change my life
To become the women that I am inside
Ninety-seven dreadlocks all gone
Looked in the mirror for the first time and saw that
Hey...

I am not my hair
I am not this skin
I am not your ex-pec-tations no no
I am not my hair
I am not this skin
I am a soul that lives within

...If its not what's on your head
It's what's underneath and say
Hey....

It kinda tells me to be comfortable with my hijab on. :) This goes out to all my ladies yeah. You are all beautiful ladies... be comfortable with any kind of hair colour or whatever... It is the positive-ness that is in your heart that makes you beautiful. ♥♥♥

No comments: