Monday, January 18, 2010

special post: Yusuf Islam

Last weekend I did not went out at all, stayed at home on both of the days. However, on the weekends, I was searching for Yusuf Islam's (was known as Cat Stevens) songs on Youtube. I forgot to type in the name of the song, so his name wasthe only keyword being filtered in the search tool box.

Then, the video about Yusuf's interview about him converting to Islam was shown as the second video on the webpage.

I decided to click on the link, and I began to start watching and listening to the interview. His story is so inspirational. Yusuf, being a convert has a better view of Islam than me. What inspired me, he became hundred percent faithful to God, be a good Muslim as he could, and he made use of his talented musical talents (he was once a very famous singer selling 4 millions of records) to express himself in the songs written by him. He uses music to connect.

Reading his lyrics, they're too beautiful, and how he sings it, it sounds so sincere. Now, I feel like going to HMV and grab a copy of his album. Hahah.



Experiencing death twice, getting a random gift, Al-Quran by his brother from his holiday trip, and decided to leave his famous rockstar days to find what he has been searching for all this while has made him a man that I will always look up to.

"...oh God, if u saved me, I'll work for you. And at that moment, the wave was pushing me forward... and now I was given a chance, a second chance" Yusuf talking about him being saved from the big wave.

Believe it or not, i teared watching it. If Allah wants to give nur, or light to anyone, he will and he can. Alhamdulillah, Yusuf is one of the chosen ones. I hope we are too. InshAllah.

:)

No comments: