Thursday, March 03, 2011

A few years ago, a few days before

Assalamu'alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh. May Peace and Blessings Be Upon You.

I'm writing this post as a teenager right now. It will be my last few days as being a teenager. As much as some people would make up the word twenty years old to twenteen years old, I think I'm going to choose twenty instead. Yes, why, because it's the fact that I'll be a year older on Sunday which makes my age 20 years old. And maybe it's time for me to improve my inner self as a young adult and a muslimah. InshaAllah. There are so much to learn.

I don't know whether I should consider myself as "I've been through a lot at this age" because I haven't even taste how the real world is really like. But for all my nineteen years... I've been through my easy and rough days too, just like you.

I was born in this world on 6 March 1991. Alhamdulillah, All Praises to Allah... I was born as a healthy baby any mother hope they will have.

Life as a child always easy. You have no worries to worry about. The worries are small little things that will not be kept in heart and mind. Primary and secondary school days were different too. But the only common thing is... we grow as we go up to each level.

Right after secondary 4 when I didn't do well for O levels... It really struck me. Oh why did this happen? Have I been spending my last years studying to get to this bad outcome? This is such a waste. I don't know how, but I just decided to retake the exams as a private candidate. And I never regret the decision I have made. I realised how important education is to everyone. I got to see many different people studying the same subjects learnt by students in secondary school. My teachers were great and helpful teachers. They taught us as if we are real students in secondary school. I'm thankful for it. Though I didn't keep in contact with most of the people I got to know which I wished I could have, it was an unforgettable year.

Alhamdulillah I got into Nanyang Polytechnic, Diploma in IT where I got to know my lovely friends. :)

As time pass by throughout the years I start to question myself who are the people who will stay by my side. The friend whom I haven't talk to for awhile but has made an impact in my life and has been silently giving me the courage to go through the obstacles in life, the friend that I just met and has helped me through tough times, or the friend that I've known for quite long time.

Syukur for the people I have met along the way. I treasure every one of them. The time when I was so lost, Allah brought me to someone that I never thought I would have met. I couldn't be more grateful. The time when I thought I will lose another friend, I got to be in contact again. The time when I can just be myself, again, I have these bunch of friends. You could be the one who will make me smile, laugh or cry but whatever the time, how I met you or how much you have bring an impact in my life... I just wanna say to my precious friends, thank you.

A true friend...
“when you forget, they would remind you
when you make a mistake, they will come and advice you
and when they’re doing good, they will assist you”
— http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6_QWELibZs&feature=related
at 6:40/8:10
Allah knows best. Wassalam.

No comments: