Bismilla Hirrahman Nirrahim.
Assalamu'alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
What happened today?
My sister and I have been hanging out in my room since after lunch. We were using our respective laptops... talking and crapping and having coffee with biscuits. :)
After Maghrib, I was randomly googling about shoes, telling my sister what kind of shoes that will be on my list of what I wanna buy. So my sis said she wanna get a new pair of sneakers or something from Clarks. Okay, why not kakain? Then she told me that recently she had a conversation with her friend and he told her that Hush Puppies are made of pig skin/lining. That's when our research started.
We googled every single keyword that has to do with it. Firstly, it was from the Wiki... then to forum sites and articles. We were so worried and terrified with this. Why? Because my aunt bought us a pair of Hush Puppies back in UAE. She's really particular with the shoes she buy because to her comfort is always important. So she said why not Hush Puppies? HP quite good for comfort. Kakain and I never own something from Hush Puppies since its puppies. But it is just a brand, right? That's what I thought.
We were not aware that Hush Puppies shoes are made of pig skin. Because whenever we go to the mall, for example a Puma outlet, it will state in a logo kind of thing that it is made of pig lining. But HP didn't had anything like that when we were choosing our shoes.
Yes, there are many of things out there that is non-halal. One way to see whether it is not made of pig skin will be: for example a pair of shoes, if there are multiple three dots on it that means it is made from pig skin.
Not only shoes, bags can also be made by it.
Astargfirullah. We actually went to check our shoes and it says man-made skin/leather. Then we searched for the 3 dots... and I thought the three dots are in straight rows. But no, its like a triangular shape and there are multiple of them. After this post I have to check whether there are 3 dots on our shoes.
Disebabkan both of us takut sangat, we sertu our legs and hands. Who knows we were sweating previously then we were in contact with the shoes? Hopefully our shoes are okay.
Lesson to learn: My muslim brothers and sisters, do check the bags, belts, shoes... whatever that you think may probably be non-halal to us. I will be aware of the things I buy now. InshAllah.
FYI: Not only HP that produced them, some other brand too. Not to condemn the brands, just to be aware for us muslims. You may want to research it yourself too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment